Penal Reform International
Penal Reform International is an international non-governmental organisation working on penal and criminal justice reform worldwide.
PRI has regional offices and programmes in the Middle East and North Africa, Central and Eastern Europe, Central Asia and the South Caucasus. We also work with partner organisations in other parts of Africa (the Great Lakes office closed in December 2010) and, using a variety of approaches, on penal reform issues in Asia, North and Latin America and the Caribbean.
PRI seeks to achieve penal reform by promoting:
- The development and implementation of international human rights instruments in relation to law enforcement and prison conditions
- The elimination of unfair and unethical discrimination in all penal measures
- The abolition of the death penalty
- The reduction of the use of imprisonment throughout the world
- The use of constructive non-custodial sanctions which support the social reintegration offenders whilst taking into account the interests of victims.
For more information, please contact Olivia Rope.